I tried these today from Heather's recipe page. I didn't see the part about using a loaf pan until after I was done - it didn't fully fill out an 8 x 8 pan but it was fine. I made a few changes (see recipe below) and these are really good. My only caveat was that the avocado that I used wasn't fully ripe so there are some visible little shreds in the brownie.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 t Baking Soda(I like them fudgy)
- 1 T Flax
- 1 T chia
- 4 T water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup almond milk (more as needed)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Peel and cut 1/2 of an avocado and blend in a food processor until it’s a creamy texture.
- Add 4 T of water and 1 T of ground flax + 1 T chia seeds to the avocado to make a flax egg. Let it sit for a few minutes while combining the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking soda.
- Blend the avocado and flax egg in the food processor to combine. Add coconut oil.
- Add the avocado flax oil mix to the fry ingredients and mix.
- The mix will be too dry to mix completely. Add almond milk until it creates a batter.
- Bake in a prepared baking pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I also made: Flourless Pumpkin Bread.
My mom said this tasted like a pumpkin omelet... hmm. It was ok, but doesn't taste like bread. I must have done something wrong.
parsnips w/ sweet potatoes. Liked it!