6.20.2008

About me






Welcome to my blog! I started running in 2004 when I needed something to train for. After having competed in various sports in high school and 2 years of rowing crew in college, it was time to feel like I was a part of something fun. My friend Nicole had started running marathons and I wanted the challenge. My first marathon was Steamtown marathon in PA in 2004. From there, I completed the NYC marathon in 2006, Philadelphia in 2007, and the Boston marathon in 2009. I also enjoy half marathons, 10 milers and the occasional 5k or 10k. My favorite distance to run is 10 miles.


I ran through my pregnancy from June 2008 to February 2009 when my husband, Bill, and I delivered a healthy baby boy. This blog documents my runs through my pregnancy and postpartum as well as cross training workouts and nutrition. You can check out the archives for weekly info on running through my pregnancy with baby Nick. I was pregnant from June 2008 to February 2009. My biggest accomplishment so far (besides the successful birth of my son amidst many fears of that whole thing) has been running the Boston marathon 10 weeks postpartum. That was awesome!


It was a long day for Nicky!




While I started this as a running blog, it has transformed into a healthy eating, baby and running blog. While I am staying home with baby Nick, I have taken more time to buy and make healthy foods. You will see some food posts here and random musings as I go about my life, transitioning through different phases. Enjoy reading! I love to hear from you. Feel free to contact me (tosha25italia@yahoo.com) with questions or thoughts anytime.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog and found your reviews insightful and detailed. I am the Sales Manager for CEP Compression Sportswear. Have you heard of CEP Socks before?

    We are actually owned by medi; one of the worlds leading medical compression companies. We have Run / Recover compression socks that I'd like to have you try and review for us. Every brand claims to have "Graduated" compression. Most products on the market can say this without backing it up because they're not tight enough to be medical grade. Anything below medical grade, 20mmHg, is considered over the counter and not regulated.

    In order to penetrate your deep veins and target the arteries you need a specific amount of compression. One sign to look for is when a product goes by shoe size. How does the athlete know they're getting the right amount of compression? Shoe size doesn't tell the circumference of ones leg which will determine the size range to get targeted compression. For example, I'm a size 12 shoe but have a 14.75" calf. In our competitor products I'm always a L or XL. In CEP I'm the men's smallest size. This is means I'm getting true graduated compression tuned for athletic performance. Our socks are also right and left specific with silver ions to prevent blisters and bacteria formation.

    It's important for us to spread the truth about compression and that not all compression products match what they claim. We have a published medical study that I can send you that shows runners had 5% better performance running in our socks and used 6% less energy. That's 10-12min in a marathon! Our socks aren't just for recovery but for performance as well. That's what makes them so great.

    I would like to get you a sock and sleeve to review and possible some compression shorts in a month when they arrive from Germany. Please let me know your calf circumference, color preference and the address to send them to. Go to our website to see the socks we have. I really appreciate your time and let me know if you're willing to post a review on our products. Thanks and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

    Website: www.cepsportswear.com

    Thanks,

    Michael
    CEP Compression
    cepsportswear@mediusa.com

    ReplyDelete