12.05.2008

29 weeks + updates


What it's like - week 29

  • Everytime I stand up I have to go to the bathroom.
  • I feel the little peanut moving around alot and it is pretty cool. I love just sitting back and watching my belly move around and putting my hand on it. Haven't seen any toes or anything yet but just movements.
  • Running is hit or miss, depending on the day & time of day.
  • Sleeping isn't that fun, I'm supposed to sleep on the left side and I'm a back sleeper. I keep waking up with my shoulder being asleep.
  • I'm on belly button watch praying the thing stays in there for at least 6-7 more weeks.
  • I'm definitely counting down and talking to this baby asking for a full term appearance or whenever he/she is healthy and ready to arrive but EARLY!!
  • I wake up with nightmares of childbirth.
  • I dream of sweaty workouts and major soreness.
  • I drool when I see toned muscles and abs at the gym.
  • Pretty much eating whatever, mainly healthy but not counting anything, and cheese is a part of almost everyday. I love english muffins with butter.
  • I love the smell of Dove soap. I could just smell it all day long. I've always liked soap but this is weird.
UPDATES
  • The sciatica (kind of made this up but pain running down my leg that is worse when I sleep on my back) is here and there. I can run with it.
  • The shoes are working out well. I like them so far!
  • Thanks for your songs!
A day in the life...
What a day of trying to get a run in looks like (good preparation for when baby is here)
Today I had a workshop so got to sleep in
7 am attempt to run- side stitch comes on early, even after a walking/slow warmup, make it through 1.4 miles in 18 min
7:30 try again - Not much better. Do 1.6 miles. Takes 20 minutes.
4:00pm - Make it through 2 miles just over 20 minutes. Feels great! Then have some pain.
5:00 pm - Really want to do 7 miles today. Just need 2 more. Have to walk 1/2 mile (6 minutes)
5:40 pm - Am able to crank out 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes. Pain right at end. Time to stop.

Sometime between 4 and 6pm I can usually run at least a few miles at a decent pace without having a side stitch pain on one of my sides. At times, when I'm feeling the stitch and have to stop, all I want to do is sprint hard for 5 minutes. I don't do that...but I get so frustrated!

13 comments:

  1. I was all about cheese and butter too!! Thank goodness that goes away or I'd still be 150 lbs!
    There's definitely a baby in there now... :) you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, all baby! It must be so cool to feel that little life inside of you, what a miracle life is. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you look amazing! I bet you are one of those ladies that you cant even tell you are pregnant if you are standing behind you!
    The updates are cool - I like hearing what its like to be pregnant and run! Maybe just trying to run later in the afternoon will work out??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Dove smelling reminds me of that laundry detergent commercial. At least the smell of soap isn't making you sick! Glad the sneakers are working out. Once I am sick of my Brooks or if they ever do me wrong, I m going to try asics. Have a great weekend. Good job keeping up with your workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice update. You are looking good, N-slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to keep working so hard to get in your mileage. Good luck and you look way cute and pregnant. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you'll definitely get a sweaty workout and plenty of soreness during the childbirth, not to worry. Hahah.

    You're doing great! Where do you find time to keep going out for multiple runs?

    You're looking pretty good there too! Your lil tummy is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute belly! I'm impressed how determined you were to get in 7 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous dahling! And it's absolutely amazing that you can still manage a run - you go girl!
    To answer your question, I actually only took 3 weeks off - but that's because my boss set me up to work from home...and newborn's sleep alot - so I decided I'd rather get a jumpstart on things since I was home and he slept so much anyway. In retrospect, I probably should have taken more time to just chill and enjoy the moment before diving into work - but eh..hindsight and all that. I'm so lucky to be able to be home and still work full time. I go into the office twice a week and just bring him with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you tried those body pillows? Sometimes cramming those between your legs makes things more comfy when you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! All baby and thats even better! Your still my hero for running through all of this... i probably would have gave up by now! :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are all baby and doing great! I am all about Dove soap too so not just a pregnancy thing.

    I am with Marcy the body pillow helped me too, toward the end I slept in a recliner...I am not helping am I :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a little bump, it's cute! I like that you call it a "little peanut." Much better than my friend that calls hers a seamonkey. When she was going to find out the sex our guy friends kept asking her what flavor the seamonkey was. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete