2.03.2011

Blueberry Coconut Protein Waffles


I measured today because we seriously needed these waffles again.  Nick's favorite part is the whipped cream. He kept asking for more of it. Yesterday it was "cake" today he knew what it was.




Blueberry Coconut Protein Waffles serves 2

1 c ground oats
2 T hemp protein powder
3/4 to 1 c unsweetened almond milk
1 T flax
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 T maple syrup
1 - 2 T coconut

Mix together and cook in the waffle maker. Top with a pat of butter, maple syrup and whipped cream. You can't beat it!

Slowly but surely I am getting back at it. I ran on Wednesday afternoon and all was right with the world, but whoaa... it tired me out. Ran again this morning but I probably should have stayed in bed and rested. I am majorly exhausted. I really want to go swimming this morning and make the long run on Saturday but I think coffee must be involved in both of those things. I'll let you know how it goes!
It's just 3 days till Nick will be 2!  I'm trying to think of a fun breakfast for him on Sunday and lunch... and dinner.

9 comments:

  1. my gosh is nick a cutie or WHAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I am wishing i had a waffle maker right now... Guess frozen ones will have to do :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say I blame him for wanting waffles again! They look gooood! Take it easy returning to exercise as you don't want to get sick again! Know that cabin fever thing though - totally had it when we were snowed in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy!!!! I wish Em would try more foods!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanna make me some waffles like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun birthday breakfast...ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm. waffles. I always ponder a waffle maker but it just doesn't seem to happen. I have so many gadgets my hubby would kill me if I got another one, but that sure does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I need to buy a waffle iron so I can make these!!

    ReplyDelete