2.28.2011

Healthier 2 bite "brownies"

Adapted from Jessica's brownie recipe

You've probably heard enough about the 2-bite brownies but I'm currently obsessed with the recipe. I wanted to make it healthier since I pounded the first 2 batches. Instead of making brownies, I made banana-blueberry cookies. The adapted recipe that I used is below.  I cut out some whole wheat flour and added oat flour. I cut out the milk and used water, and I took out some of the coconut oil. They are a lighter cookie.  You can make them chocolate, maybe try peanut butter or banana and fruit. I really like this recipe, great job to Jessica!

Ingredients
2 cups oatmeal
2/3 cup oat flour (ground oatmeal)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 c maple syrup
2 T ground flax
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2/3 cup warm water
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 to 2 bananas depending on size - helps bind the mixture - mashed
handful of blueberries to your liking
cinnamon
chocolate chips (optional)

Mix together dry ingredients. In the meantime, mix the warm water with flax and let sit until it gels up (about 5 minutes). Add mashed bananas, water + flax, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup to dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries. Form into balls and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.


 I swam this morning and when I saw who was in my normal lane I headed to the speedy lane and it was a good workout. Lots of chatting but I'm getting used to it and getting to know people, so it's fine.
Nick was sick last week, and now Kara is sick. Poor thing! I don't like seeing a sick baby - runny nose, cough and congested.  She's in pretty good spirits.

3 comments:

  1. Yum indeed!

    Poor Kara - that is exactly what Murray was like - so sad!!!! It's when they are trying to drink their milk and they can't because they can't breathe is the worst for me! Hope she feels better soon.

    How do you swim that far and still chat!

    ReplyDelete