4.04.2010

Nuts About Granola: Review

I contacted Sarah at Nuts About Granola to do a review of the granola. It is a small mother-daughter company out of York, PA.

Sarah sent me a free sample - little bag of regular to try and a bag of Ambrosia:  (from the site)Ambrosia combines the powerful antioxidants of pomegranate with Vitamin C packed mangos to create a unique granola fit for the gods. A serving of Ambrosia is packed with whole grains, fiber and protein to keep you full and energized all day long. So go ahead, indulge yourself in Ambrosia, your inner godly physique will thank you.




Ingredients

Whole oats, pomegranate syrup (filtered water, apple, grape, pomegranate and aronia berry juice concentrates, citric acid, natural flavors, vitamin E acetate and vitamin A palmitate, raw sugar, orange zest), *apple sauce (apples, water and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)),* pure maple syrup, organic puffed millet, walnuts, dried mangos (mango, sugar), organic flaxseed, *organic wheat bran, cinnamon, natural sea salt

Review:

I'm a fan of the ingredients.  Everything is pretty natural here and healthy.  As for taste, I'm kind of picky about granola. My favorite kind is from Great Harvest and has huge chunks of oats, almonds, cranberries and a few other ingredients. I like my granola with the big chunks and chewy, and I found the Ambrosia to be pretty dry for my taste. It was sweet, but I needed more chewiness. I am pretty sure that Great Harvest uses brown sugar and I like how Nuts About Granola uses other ingredients besides the sugar to sweeten, but I needed something more.  I thought the little pre-portioned bag was really cute - ready for your yogurt or smoothie or afternoon snack. They also have tons of flavors based around the seasons, which is pretty neat.  If you are into crunchy granola with a sweet flavor, check out all the different flavors  they offer.   For me, I need chewy - this didn't do the trick!

2 comments: