10.18.2008

Boston here I come!!

I came home from dinner on Friday night to get this in my inbox:

Greetings from the DFMC office,

We are pleased to tell you that you have been accepted to the DFMC 2009 team! Your official acceptance e-mail with additional information will be arriving within the next few days. Congratulations!

This was the one charity that I signed up for originally since I had the most belief in their mission (cancer research). I ended up signing up last minute for one other one, but already found out that I hadn't been accepted. So I'm super excited (and now nervous that I'm going to have to get back in shape and be able to run 26 miles 2 months later!). I can do this though! I'm not going for a PR, just the experience and to finish! My due date Feb 20 - Boston Marathon - April 20th. Alright, I was hoping the baby would wait until March because I like March better, but now coming early would be fine too!

I just hit 5 months this week, here are some pics below comparing 20 weeks and 22 weeks(top one is more recent). I swear I look and feel more pregnant than in the pics here, but to someone who doesn't know me, I don't look pregnant. I also only take the pictures when I am not super bloated out. My dr appt is Monday where I ask about continuing long runs, and now continuing to partially train until the baby comes, yoga, and the Philly marathon! Should be fun!

17 comments:

  1. yup, you still don't look pregnant! and baggy clothes work miracles. when i went to the hospital yesterday and asked the lady at the info desk where labor and delivery was, she asked "did they already have the baby?" i was like umm, it's for me...she said she hadn't even noticed! congrats on boston...good motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yea definitely not pregnant! Congrats on getting into Boston!! THAT IS SO GREAT!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great. And, a big congratulations on Boston!! I am sure you are going to have a wonderful experience there. How awesome. Since you are still working out and I am sure you will stay as active as possible until the baby arrives, you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't tell which picture was which! :)
    Congrats on Boston! That'll be super cool to have a good goal like that. In the back of my mind I'm thinking of a 4.5 mile ocean swim race here Dec 7 which is only a month after my due date... hmmmmm. We'll see.
    As the time gets closer you're going to be dying to evict the little one from your uterus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you avoid a c-section, I have no doubt that you'll be marathoning at 2 months postpartum.
    Congrats on the acceptance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure you're prego?? Seriously. My tummy looks like that when I eat too much. OK, I WISH my tummy could look like that on a good day!!

    I am so excited for you!!! Wow, Boston? Omg, I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great and congrats on Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO tiny for 5 months - I looked enormous by then! Congratulations on Boston, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you so dont look prego :)

    CONGRATS!!! that is so awesome and exciting about boston!!! so do you have to raise a certain amount of money or something? i guess you will find out soon with the more info email :)

    good luck at the dr on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I was going to say the same thing as Erin. Man I was beyond huge by then HAHA!

    CONGRATS on Boston! How awesome is that? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome that you got accepted in! And the marathon will be a great motivator to get out there after the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! Good for you, I'm exciting you'll be running Boston! You're more than halfway done with your pregnancy, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I thought the bottom one was more recent!

    That' great news about Boston. As long as you keep up with the healthy lifestyle a running as much as you're comfortable with during your pregnancy, you should be in great shape soon after giving birth and ready to take on 26.2.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, congrats- that is so exciting! And I also thought the bottom one was more recent, because you seem a tiny bit bigger. I can't believe you're 5 months- no wonder you're in "denial". = )

    ReplyDelete
  15. your 5 months pregnant? Geesh i couldnt tell! :) Congrats on getting into boston thats sooo exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sweet! another belly shot! score!

    :) Awesome news on Boston, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAAA! You got in to Boston! That is wonderful newws!

    ReplyDelete