10.29.2008

Food

It got cold here really quick!!! With the excitement of the Phillies and 2 new babies in bloggy land, lots of fun things going on! Congrats to Mama Ironman Michelle & Mama Ironman Chapelle!


So the week of running started off well, I ran Mon & Tues and have not had any pains or problems. IT has been nice! Monday I had a later day for an all day meeting so I was able to run around 7am, and it was a really good run, and today I knew that I had a meeting after school and would get home later and not feel like running, so I ran 4 in the earlier am. Both good runs. I keep feeling shin splints so I have to work on that, but otherwise I'm just happy to be running!

I haven't looked at that Philly marathon hopeful plan, and pretty much I plan to play it by ear. My long runs aren't really long enough to run that whole thing, but maybe I can walk to the finish! The last few days have been spent sending out fundraiser emails & looking for hotels for Boston. The hotels are already selling out - so... Boston hopefuls take note!! It has been fun though!

My latest thoughts are about food. I am bored of food. Sometimes I just don't know what to eat, and I'm concerned that I'm not eating enough. Once I get into a routine, I just start eating the same thing every day. Then I get tired of it and start a new routine. Right now, it is oatmeal, fruit leather, cranberries, lunch is random but usually a balance bar, peanut butter sandwich, or leftovers, I always have peanut butter and bread at some point during the day, and dinner is some veggies and some type of veggie burger or hotdog. I just feel really bored. I used to put all of my info into fitday when I was watching my weight, but now that I'm not, I'm probably not as in touch with missing nutrients and things like that. I'm taking vitamins everyday, but I wish it was easier to get good food in my system (like a chef or personalized nutrition dropping off food to eat). So - food - What are your thoughts?

14 comments:

  1. I love food. And its a good thing i'm a runner cuz if not, i would be HUGE. I need to eat healthier since i love food so much but i'm super picky! (i'm getting better though) and the picky thing is all my moms fault she's picky too! :)

    If they had that dream dinners by you like i posted about, that would totally work and be super easy for you & you would have a new kind of dinner each night! :) Wanna fly to Michigan i'll help you make your meals? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your shins are hurting you heres some exercises to do. Walk on your heels straight ahead (it should stretch and strengthen them), also walk (on your heels) with heels pointed outward or inward. This is what we do in track to prevent shin splints.

    For food i know what you mean i get into funks and eat the same thing alot. I try to buy different kinds of cookies each time i shop as well as different granola bars and what not just to switch things up!

    SO glad the running is getting better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i get those same funks with eating too... i eat the same thing for weeks on end them bam i am sick of it and dont know what else to eat. i am eating like there is no tomorrow right now :)

    glad the running is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slowcooker! You get dinner and leftovers for lunch, and I really think that you can just about dump any kind of combo in there and it will turn out yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way with eating. I get in kicks with lunch, right now it is PB&J and for dinner I seem to have a 2 week rotation. I need new ideas for sure.

    Glad to hear the runs went well this week. Awesome that there is no pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez, I have a hard enough time getting the proper nutrition right now, I can only imagine how hard it will be for me during pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, i was/am the same way. if i have junk food at home, i eat it ALL (so i never do!) but otherwise, thinking of something to eat (or god forbid, actually cooking) is just too much trouble. i'm no hungrier than i was pre-preg. sounds like you're eating healthily though! i wouldn't worry (except the boredom sucks).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so routine oriented when it comes to food, and variety is not part of the program. I keep wondering if it's because I am lazy or just not adventureous. Sorry I can't be of help! Continued success on your running!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to eat the same things, too. Like for breakfast, I eat a lot of eggs and energy bars (for mid morning snacks) and salads for lunch, usually... Dinner are totally random. I've been trying to eat low-carb but that gets SUPER boring, tool. BUT, um, I love peanut butter and hot dogs. Well, not together, but you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your nice runs N-slice. It's great that you are able to work some good running into your schedule. Ice those shins, especially right after your runs and make sure your running shoes (and daily shoes) are new, supportive and cushy. I suspect the shin splints are as much a result of being pregnant and on your feet alot at work all day, as they are a result of running. Be sure to wear good comfortable shoes during the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oy, I'm the last person to comment on good foods HAHA. My idea of something good is pizza and a twinkie LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just make sure you are getting enough protein...80 to 100 g a day for pregnant women...that's most likely why my little guy wasn't big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for getting in a couple of good runs!

    I'm the same way with food ruts. I eat almost the exact same thing for breakfast (smoothie/pb&j toast/granola) and lunch (turkey sandwich/fruit), so I have no solution for you. Slow cookers are pretty convienent though, I definitely agree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you a vegetarian?

    I suggest soup. It's souper easy (get it?, LOL). You can make all sorts of different kinds and never get bored. It's a great way to get all sorts of nutrients in one dish. It fills you up. You can make a big batch and eat it for days or freeze it.

    As you can see, I'm a soup fanatic. Especially with the weather right now. I ate it three different times the other day.

    ReplyDelete