7.03.2008

Refreshed

Yes! I'm refreshed. Actually I don't think that I will subject myself to the treadmill if I don't have to. Today I ran with my running buddy Abby OUTSIDE (YEAH!) in her hood. It felt good, not like a chore, was a good run, and good conversations always pass the time quickly. I love running with people, and the conversations are always good, at least for me - I always feel like whatever is on my mind flows out easily when running. This was a path that we ran to near Philly (probably considered in philly, but a part of it) that Abby calls "Valley Green" and we were able to run from her house, which was a super bonus! We got in 10 miles which was great. It was a good start to the mini holiday weekend which will be spent at the beach with my siblings and their friends. Hopefully this will start a series of outdoor runs for me, and no more blah crappy treadmill runs. I feel happy (I'm picturing a chorus of I FEEL PRETTY from an Adam Sandler movie).

After that I had to get home and change quickly and go to the doctor and I realized when I got home that I looked a mess. Oh well!!! Let the runner's high carry through the day.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great run. It is great that you have a buddy you can run with and who can help keep things fresh and fun. Enjoy the beach and have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job on the run!!! running outside always makes the biggest difference for me... and its always fun to have someone to run with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright!! Nothing like a little pep in the running step now! Sounds like an excellent run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to run outside with a bud! Nothing is better than that to me. Have a fantastic holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete