8.10.2010

Not enough time in the day!

Thank you - all the posts of your relationships with your mom were super helpful and helped me to gain perspective as well.   It's something I need to do something about asap - been going on too long.

Nick likes giving the baby the paci, touching her feet,  and patting her (sometimes a little too hard).


 lil pooh bear:

Workouts
2 kids - a lil crazy!!!  There is very little time to myself. A few minutes here and there. Right now, I'm getting in my workouts when Nick is napping but if Kara is up, it's a major challenge! And there are about 100 other things I want to do when I have time to myself. I'll be happy when I have the energy to get up and workout before Nick is up.   I'm not there yet - Kara is getting up every 3 hours most nights to eat. I've been trying to go to bed early, but when Nick is asleep, I try to catch up on things.  I'm sure soon enough I'll come up with a plan and make it work. I think I am going to try to go swimming on Friday for the first time - 4 weeks + 1 day. Moms of 2 - do you workout in the am??

Eating
Trying to eat well - most of my eating is on the go and eating whatever Nick doesn't finish.  I'm trying to be vigilant so that I can lose this baby weight. I have jelly belly - I forget when that goes away but I was ready for that to happen yesterday!  I don't want to be one of those people who keeps on the baby weight and just keeps adding to it. Still have 'Nick weight' to lose and now 'Kara weight' too. Hopefully with all the running around it won't take too much work?

Things I've tried lately:
Healthy:
Tried some HEAB oats for breakfast for Nick this morning  -nice to have something done and ready to be served in the morning.
in fridge overnight:
1/2 c oats
1 c water
2 T chia

in morning added protein powder, pb and agave

Also tried and liked this recipe:
Bulgur Flat Bread

1/2 cup bulgur wheat
1 cup water

Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.

2 TBSP flax meal mixed with 2/3 cup warm water (set aside while you get the everything else together)
2 tsp yeast
1 cup oats
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour

When the bulgar is done, blend it in the food processor for a minute. Now put everything else in there and blend for a few minutes. The dough will come together, but it is coarse since it is a whole grain dough. With wet hands, form it into a ball and place in a bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rest for an hour.

To bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet and form into the shape you want.  I made 4 personal sizes. I baked them for 7 minutes, topped them and baked for another 15 minutes. I just baked the plain ones for 20 minutes.

Not so healthy:


Peanut butter cups

I used not only the graham crackers, but also crushed pretzels for a salty taste. And I skipped the 10x sugar all together and added agave to taste.

I've been eating alot of nut butter with amazing grass powder and agave in the morning, Luna Bars and whatever veggies I can get my hands on.

14 comments:

  1. awww nick is such a happy proud big brother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cue pics of Nick and Kara!

    Good luck for the search of extra time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics of the little ones! I don't know how you get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! I can't believe she's almost a month old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic of Nick and Kara. So cute! She's really stretched already.

    I don't know how your managing with 2 little ones. I feel like I have very little time with one! I tend to enjoy staying awake when M wakes at 6 fro his feed as up until yesterday he has slept soundly and I've been able to breakfast, shower, chores etc. Not yesterday though and I felt the difference. I keep meaning to do a blog post, but just when I think I've got a window of time - wahh wahh wahh! LOL.
    You will get your baby weight off because you're determined to - it is very early days, but I know what you mean about that belly, I can see it is going down but I just want it gone completely!
    You'll find your groove soon enough. Take it easy on yourself miss overachiever (said in the nicest possible joking way - it takes one to know one!!!!)
    Kaz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww those pics are so cute! I only have one, so I don't have any advice on getting the workouts in, but I am sure that with time you will figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara has super long running legs!!! :) The overnight oats are very convenient (of course only when you actually have oats handy, which I didn't last night!! :)) You're doing an amazing job with two very little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bulgar bread sounds great!! i just don't know how you find time to cook with two little ones and working out, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bread sounds yummy. I can't wait to try it. The kids look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the blog comment. Your kids are adorable! That's great that you've managed to get back into an exercise routine with the two of them. I give you a lot of credit! P90X is a 90-day workout routine. There are 12 days worth of videos, and once you're through the set you repeat until you've completed 90 days. The dvds are intense! I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, and these are tough for me. It's a great workout though. I recommend it! I think it's nice for a change up from the usual running/weight lifting routine...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics! Sounds like you do have your hands full but I know you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to see Nick being so good with Kara!
    and it's not related at all, but I really like the blue plaid fabric in Nick's shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable pics!

    I just admire moms. I really can't say that enough! Hope you are able to find a little time for yourself everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kiddos are so stinking cute. Nick looks like he really loves little Kara.

    Peanut Butter Cups sound fabulous. I still haven't shaken the cravings for sweets that I got about half way through pregnancy. I was hoping they would go away after I stopped nursing but a month after I finished up they are still here. I need to make some snacks for work on Monday and I think the PB Cups will be it. Hopefully I don't sample too much!

    Working out with one is tough. I can't imagine doing it with two. You are doing great & I'm learning a lot that will probably help me if we ever have #2.

    ReplyDelete