7.04.2011

Clif Kid: Zbar Crispy and Longest Bike Ride!




If you haven't seen it yet, Clif has out a new item made especially for kids - Zbar Crispy! I was already a fan of the Zbar and love grabbing them on the go for myself and for the kids.  Now they have the crispy bar which is more of a granola bar and it's full of whole grains. It is super tasty and a great on-the-go snack.

From Clif: 
Zbar Crispy is an organic crispy rice snack offering 8 grams of whole grains. CLIF Kid added toasted oats to keep kids feeling fuller and more balanced. Zbar Crispy also offers more calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin D than most all-family snack bars. And it only has 110 calories.  “Kids’ growing bodies have unique nutritional needs that differ from adults,” says Tara DelloIacono-Thies, R.D. for Clif Bar & Company. “Zbar Crispy offers more calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin D than other family snack bars. These nutrients are essential for kids’ growing bodies, but are often lacking in their meals and snacks.”
 
There are 3 flavors - chocolate chip (my favorite), peanut butter and chocolate. I like giving Clif products to my kids because I know they are natural and contain vitamins and minerals. I don't purchase many processed foods but when I do, I feel good about giving these to my kids.

You can find these at Target and most grocery stores.






In addition, Clif has also added "Fruit punch" flavor of Twisted Fruit!
Look for it if you like Fruit Punch: it's great!


In the package with the bars was also a cute growth chart and leaves with nutrition tips to write the name and place on the tree. It came with a dry erase marker. Nick had fun getting measured and putting his leave on the tree - so cute!!






Yesterday marked my longest (time and mileage) bike ride!! 28.7 miles and 1 hour and 55 minutes. I went with 2 guys that I swim with in the morning and 1 of their neighbors. It was a gorgeous scenic route similar to the one of Friday - out in Chester County - hilly! and the time flew by. They had to wait for me when they did some speedwork on a nice section but otherwise I kept up well. I talked them into running 3 miles afterwards : ) and by the end of that I was dead! My legs were tired and I was starving the rest of the day. The bike takes a lot out of you - a whole lot more than I thought! I'm a total convert and love it! Never thought I'd see the day...

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your long bike ride! Do you have a road bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! that was a fast change of heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're enjoying your cycling. It is indeed hungry work. I had my lunch after my 35 miler on Fri and about an hour later my stomach was growling! Good job on the 3 mile run post bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw4some work on the bike! And that is great that you found good roads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will keep an eye out for those, as I like the Cliff Kids bars they already make, but hadn't seen the crispy ones! I'm biking this week, as a break from running. Way to go on your long ride, that's a long distance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on the bike bike ride AND a run afterwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little leaves that come with them!!! :) I'll keep an eye out (for me though...)

    I absolutely love that you are enjoying the bike! I know that it took a while... but I also knew that you'd convert! YAY! Congrats on the long ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you invest in your own bike now, or are you still using the borrowed one?

    So funny to see you're doing longer rides now. Awww, you really love it afterall :p

    ReplyDelete