3.22.2011

Milkeez cookies


When I read about cookies that could help increase milk supply, I was instantly interested. I contacted Karen, the creator of Milkeez cookies to see if I could get a sample to try.  Karen sent me all three flavors to review. All of the opinions expressed are my own and I was not compensated for this review.

The product
The cookies are vegan and made with all of the ingredients said to increase milk supply: brewers yeast, fenugreek, and oatmeal. In addition, the cookies have different spices, whole wheat flour and fruits.  My favorite flavor was the chocolate cherry. I loved the spices and the flavor was just right. 

Ingredients in the chocolate cherry:
Thick rolled oats, whole wheat flour, dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips, honey, dried cherries, brown sugar, pumpkin purée, flaxseed meal, coconut oil, brewers yeast, orange zest, fenugreek, baking soda, salt, vanilla and spices.

So how is the taste?

They are delicious! They are very dense and keep you full for a while.  I love the combination of the oatmeal with fenugreek and spices. I tried to recreate something similar using oatmeal and fenugreek and it just didn't stack up!


Do they really increase milk supply?
It is hard to accurately tell.  I do think that fenugreek works after purchasing the liquid drops and adding it to water. I don't know how much of it you would need to help increase supply, and I've only eaten 1 cookie max per day. They are just under 250 calories each, which is perfect for just one cookie for me at this stage in the game. Kara only eats 4 times a day, so I don't think that I need too many extra calories.   They are delicious and full of good things and as such, I have no problem eating one of these tasty delights whether or not I am nursing!

What about for people who aren't nursing?
When I told Bill, who likes sweets, that they were supposed to increase milk supply, he steered clear. I made sure that he knew that it wouldn't make him produce any milk and he did try some and gave them a thumbs up! 

The bottom line
One dozen cookies costs $18.  These are pricey, but no more expensive than what you would find in a bakery - and in these you are getting all natural healthy ingredients and a great taste!

Where to get them
You can order these online here.
They last 2-3 weeks, and you can be on the lookout for a 20% off special on the combination of oatmeal chocolate chocolate and oatmeal chocolate cherry as early as tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment