8.11.2008

running at the beach!

Yea! Had a nice run this morning down the streets and back the boardwalk - I LOVE the beach!! I could run for hours on end here, when the weather is nice and cool - and it was this morning!
I love seeing all the runners and walkers on the boards in the a.m. - love it! I wish I had my camera with me but I seem to have lost the battery (gah!)

I ran for 51 minutes, just happened to be the time when I got to the end of the block I wanted to get to, and it was 5.26 miles. I was happy to do 5, so that was great. Walking back - a bit painful - but walking is worse than running. I can run fine, just the rest of the day walking kind of hurts. Came back and went for a bike ride down to the boardwalk with the B, he made me some breakfast - this guy would be a great short order cook, he makes me the best egg white omelet! We went to the beach, and tomorrow a.m. we head home (BOOOO!) I haven't been able to run back to back days yet, I guess I could, but I want to rest my lovely knee instead (can you hear me knee, I love you and it would be so great if you could work properly!) Attempting a long run with my friend Abby later this week, hopefully it will hold up!

7 comments:

  1. oh that sounds amazing... i LOOOOOVE running at the beach. nothing like it. ohhh i want to go NOW!!

    yummm i will take an egg white omlette right now too... my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on a great run! Good knee, good knee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have a beach! I am finding it very difficult to not run right now, but prudence says wait a few more days... Hope your knee gets better. I think the root cause of my runner's knee is quad and hip flexor weakness. Who woulda thought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beach runs are wonderful. I could look out at the waves and run or walk for miles. It's so relaxing. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beach runs are always welcome. Nice job. Hope the knee continues to feel better. It is probably a good idea that you don't run back to back days. Sounds like the extra day of rest is good for the knee. Keep icing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! There is nothing like the beach to make you feel your best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great run, and i like the kind words to your knee... hope it heard you and will hold up for that long run

    ReplyDelete