11.19.2010

2 days until go time!

The Philly marathon & half marathon is in 2 days. I'm not looking to break any records in the half, just have a nice run with a bunch of other runners, take some pictures and enjoy the day.  This week I ran 2 7-milers, one at moderate pace and one with 4 x 800 at goal pace. They both went well. Yesterday I did 6 miles and it was brutal. I took off today and might take off tomorrow. My legs have been tired, and my knees have been hurting too! And I'm coming off of a bad sinus infection or cold. I had to take Nick to the doctor today and he has ear infections in both of his ears - bad ones! I'm pretty sure I've had the same thing going on in my ears too, they have been full of pressure and not comfortable.  I'm ready to finish this race but I don't think it will be a PR (sub 1:53 is my PR at this time).  I have not ran a half marathon or marathon fully trained at my fastest race pace, only shorter races (10 mile, 5k and 10k). One of these days I will train hard for a full and half and get the times I should be getting (I think around 1:45 and 3:50ish).  Have a great weekend and thank you for reading!

Don't forget to check out my CLIF GIVEAWAY!

15 comments:

  1. Have a great race this weekend! I hope the legs are feeling good & rested by race morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try and enjoy it - sorry to hear that you and Nick are under the weather. You've probably done way more training than some other people who don't have a 2 year old with double ear infection! Reminds me of a banner I saw at the Rock'n'Roll - if it was easy, everyone would do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the race. Sinus colds are horrid! Rest those legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Your children are adorable:) Can't wait for the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Tis the season for ear infections I'm afraid. GOod luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great race. Be smart about your pacing and know that everyone is suffering at mile 10... Embrace that and push through it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! Such an awesome city to run in - I did they Philly half in 2007 and it was awesome! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck this weekend! have a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck this weekend. Hope you have great running weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great race! Enjoy yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck tomorrow! You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear all about it ;)

    ReplyDelete