11.22.2010

What's next?

Of course the day after a race, you want to sign up for the next thing. I have tentative plans for next year and I'll write about that soon, but I'm thinking about the right now. Do I take off a few days, stretch out, cross train? Or get right back into it with some easy runs?  What do you do after a half assed half marathon?  I'm sore today but not half as sore as I was after the one in September. I believe the e21 was a factor in that as well as being in a little better shape (wanted to DIE in September versus happy the whole race yesterday). 

Stay tuned later for CLIF winners - still time to enter, I'll draw later
e21 experience
racing plans 2011

7 comments:

  1. Depends on how sore you are. I wouldn't run again til the soreness is gone. But easy spin on the bike or easy swim is perfect. It's better to move around a bit than do nothing, but no pounding running until no soreness is my rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE thinking about the next race. Sounds like you will be able to pull of a nice fast half soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your race! And I can't wait to hear about your plans for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your race:) I am the same way and as soon as I am done with one I am ready to sign up for another...I think we are all a little crazy. keep us updated with what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking about signing up for another...despite the fact that I'm injured right now :) yep, we're crazy

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on yesterday! it's great to know you were happy the entire way! i took an easy walk today and will be back at it tomorrow morning for a few days of cross training. then a semi long run on saturday to keep up the endurance to keep me through the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were you, I would give your body rest. Resting is just as important as workouts... you dont want to get hurt! Start running in a few days or next week!

    ReplyDelete