Today I had a fantastic outside run with Abby though and I am still savoring the feeling of running outside with another person at a decent pace! It felt nice and normal and reminded me of the summer days when I was much smaller and running was a bit more comfortable! It was too easy. It felt so nice out and fun to catch up with Abby - it had been since the summer, when we were doing some long runs in preparation for her IM(IW)! She is recovering from an injury so lucky me I am not holding her back too much from a more normal pace, but soon she'll be off doing speedy runs (hopefully right around the time I am ready to start racking up faster miles again!) Right towards the end of the run (5 miles) I started to get a side stitch, otherwise I felt like I would have liked to keep running for hours and hours on end. The first mile I did feel like I was running in a race (huff/puff) but then I was able to settle into a pace. It felt so good!!! It makes such a difference having someone to run with, I can't say enough about it.
Today marks 33 weeks.
7 to go, but hoping for 4 I think? Trying not to be anxious.
I feel like overall I've been having a pretty easy pregnancy. I hope I can run up until it is time but we'll see!
This past week (33):
- Sleeping isn't the most comfortable
- I haven't had any indigestion anymore for the past couple of weeks!
- More pressure on my bladder for sure!
- Holding on to an innie belly button. Please stay in there!!
- More shifting, less kicking on the inside
- Running is still the same!
- Definitely anxiety about the whole birth thing/bodily changes for a while
- I can't help but to keep logging my miles
- I counted what I was eating for about 1 day and from then on, have just been more mindful (minus every holiday outing)
It is back to work on Monday. I hankered down for a bit and got some work done this afternoon. It is kind of a nice benchmark to know that I'll have off in a couple more weeks and be able to start preparing for Boston and won't go back to work until after I've finished Boston, and then I'll only have about 6-7 weeks left of the schoolyear to finish out. It is weird to think how much our lives are going to change in such a short amount of time though. I guess what most people say is that you don't know what to expect or how it is going to be, so it is a little scary - and exciting too!
Savor the weekend !