1.06.2009

One Last Hoorah

Mish-Mosh of what's going on...

Terrific Tuesday
I kept telling myself today was a terrific Tuesday. Clearly, I didn't feel as upbeat about work today as I did yesterday. One day later and it got old, right? We went for a tour of the maternity wing last night (scene of the crime/terrifying in my view), during which I was thinking I should go find a midwife and stay away from that place (even though it was nice, I'm totally scared). That coupled with thinking about the doula just overwhelmed me and made me teary. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night and was kind of cranky today. But I did work on my socializing be nice goal and was able to do just that.

Sugar
Do you have a favorite bar that has low sugar (< 10) ? Let me know what it is if so!! I like high protein on the go bars for when I don't have a chance to sit down and eat properly.

HBBC
I think this contest was the coolest thing ever. In fact, today, I feel lost not knowing where to keep track of what I did! But I have to say that the million squats and lunges I did on Sunday killed me today. My quads are super duper sore. Note to self - do not do these exercises close to baby's due date! Will not be able to move. The soreness feels kind of good though!

The Last Hoorah
My sister is running her first marathon with team in training this weekend in Disney World. I was iffy that I'd be able to go but got "clearance" today at my doctor's appointment. I'll be 34 weeks on Friday and the rule is usually no flying after 36 weeks. I'm not really nervous at all, more excited for a mini vacation weekend. I'm excited for her, and hoping she'll get into running, but throughout her training, this was not the case! She is an all around athlete and swam D1 in college but running is not her thing. Good luck to NCrunner this weekend!

Doctor's appointment went well. I saw a different doctor than last time's fiasco and also a different one than my normal dude. I took off my shoes and sweater to get weighed this time and weight was down 2 lbs. I overreacted last time. At 33.5 weeks I've gained 19 lbs give or take I guess? If I can stay right there, and the baby can somehow get to a happy weight, that would be great!!! But I still have 6.5 weeks to go, even more. This doctor was ok, said everything looked good and let me know in 2 weeks around 36 weeks I will get another ultrasound (news to me!) to find out the size of the baby and position. Is this standard procedure? He said by feel that he would guess the peanut will be in the 6 pound range, maybe 7 lbs. It was a pretty uneventful appointment otherwise, and I go every 2 weeks now until early Feb and then every week! I can feel the baby shifting ALL the time. At times I'll have a lopsided stomach or something sticking out one side like an alien!! It is so weird and neat.

I was able to get in 2 miles twice on the treadmill and some elliptical today. Yoga yesterday with my sore quads was a bit brutal. And I officially have a basketball belly. Sometimes it feels really weird to reach down and pick things up.

Continuing my goal for the week - be nice @ work.
Today I'm thankful that I could still plod along and call it running.

On to Wondrous Wednesday!

22 comments:

  1. Ugh, work was the worst today. I was expecting it to be bad yesterday and it wasn't, but oh, it caught up with me today.

    How exciting for your sister! I was always disappointed I never ran Disney while I lived in FL. I have a lot of friends that do it. It's a great race.

    Have fun on your mini vacation! It's beautiful down there right now! Good luck to yo sistah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good that the doctor's appt was better than the last one. You were probably just retaining water or something last time. I didn't have a later ultrasound, but maybe some doctors do them and others don't. It would be nice to have a guess about the size of the baby before it comes!

    That is exciting that you get to go the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your DR apt was better today! Last time was terrible. The baby will be here before you know it! How exciting! :)

    P.S. I like your positive attitude towards work. I'm gonna attempt that tomorrow :) Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice vacation you have planned with your sis!

    Good luck finding a sugarless bar...I wish I knew of something :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo!! So glad that you got the OK to go this weekend.

    Darn, I was going to recommend Hammer Bars because they're all raw, no regular sugar, and whatnot, but I just looked at their website and they have 15 g. Hmm... I'll be interested to hear what you end up finding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to your sister!! Have a nice trip, take it easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about your Doula Dilemma...just do it...it's only $800 and you won't regret it. I ended up getting an epidural and I still didn't regret having her there...10 years from now you won't really miss that $800! But...if you didn't get the doula and you ended up getting a c-section, you will always wonder if you could have done more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have a nice vacation coming up.

    Glad your doctor's visit went well. Don't stress too much about the weight. I gained 40 with each of mine and lost it all in a very few months. Whatever you do gain will be run off quite quickly.

    As someone who spent most of both labors sitting on an exercise ball, yeah, I'd recommend not having sore quads when labor starts LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry your day at work wasn't so great. I had a weird day too. We had a snow day yesterday so today was our first day back. I love how much you still want to work out. So many women, me included, use pregnancy to pig out and be lazy and look at you! You're just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the doctor's appointment went well and you got the ok to head to FL. Good luck to your sister. Have lots of fun and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you saw a nicer doctor! :-)

    I feel lost without HBBC, too. I'm really thinking about a marathon just so I have something to think about now.

    Keep up the good work playing nice at work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. disney was my first marathon! fun course except there are lots of highway miles...that part was boring. ask your doctor when you get the u/s what he think the likelihood of needing a c-section might be, depending on size and position he might have a good idea. at the same time, if things aren't textbook and it hurts a lot, would a c-section be that bad?? (maybe, i don't know!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had some many u/s with both the kids I have no idea what is "standard" LOL. I believe I had around 4-6 with each kid. That's more than the norm, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for a good doctor's appointment.

    Have you thought about making your own bars? I use an Alton Brown recipe from foodnetwork.com. It's yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for you and your sister. That is awesome!

    And great job sticking with your socializing/be nice goals.

    Keep on rocking, N-slice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll keep an eye out for you at disney (I'll just ask every pregnant woman if they are you). My coach has me dropping out halfway since with the c-section I didn't have time to properly train, and then I'll meet my sister at the finish. I've also got to find time to pump - that shoild be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay thats so fun you get to go cheer her on!! have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on getting the okay to go to FL. How cool that you'll have the chance to support your sister!! Good luck to her!

    I'm glad your appointment went better. It always amazes me how heavy clothing and shoes can be, but that's good that your weight was down from last week when the doctor reamed you for gaining too much (when it probably wasn't even your body weight, sheesh).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww a basketball belly! How cute! So glad that the doctors appt went well and enjoy yourself this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun you get to go cheer on your sister!! That will be so wonderful for her and a perfect little get away for you.

    I hear you pretty much have to gain weight the last few weeks, but I also know you'll lose that baby weight like instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific Tuesday was there a melody that went along with the saying??? Otay slap me now. So cool you got the clearence to cheer on your sis. Have fun!
    I had 2 ultrasounds as the date got closer cause I looked so huge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite granola bar is chex mix's turtle bar...but it has 11g of sugar.

    ReplyDelete