9.06.2010

Kara sleeps the night! How to do it again...

Last night Kara slept through the night! From 10:30 to 6. It wasn't a typical night though - usually she eats around 6:30 or 7 then goes back to sleep and it is tough to get her up around 930/10 to feed her again. When I have been doing that, she wakes up every 3-4 hours in the night.  The nights I didn't wake her up she slept 5-6 hour stretches. On to last night - I fed her at 7 and she stayed awake and was very fussy around 9:30. I fed her at 9:30 but she was a mess and fussy and didn't fully eat.  I ended up rocking her and calming her and she went down around 10:30. She woke up probably 2 times in the night but went back to sleep on her own, then was up for the day at 6.  I've been following baby wise so for the most part she is on a 3 hour eating schedule all day - 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10. It has been iffy at night - sometimes the last feeding is 830, 9, 930.. and she was erratic waking up depending on the day.
So now, how do I do this again and keep it going?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Kara. Murray was the same - 3 hour schedule - his own doing - but iffy in the evening. I'm not sure how we got Murray sleeping through the night but I think not being able to pick him up easily post delivery due to the pain I was in so I had to wait until he was crying for feeds in night. This way the time between feeds increased and finally it was 9/10pm to 6 am and now 7 - 6 which we realised he could do when we couldn't wake him for his 10pm feed. Good luck finding out how to replicate. What a difference it makes.Fingers crossed for you.
    Kaz.

    ReplyDelete