8.27.2011

Botched experiments

Last night I tried fruit leather for the first time, and followed this recipe.  I cooked it a bit too long - 3 hours at 225 degrees and it was cracking :( It smelled so good and tasted good too! We're in for another round on this rainy day. All that I did was pureed around 5 peaches and spread them on a cookie sheet with cooking spray. (First I had it on plastic wrap but thought that seemed weird so opted for cooking spray).



 After about 3 hours-
 A bit overcooked.
 Broken into pieces. Edible but wrong consistency.
I'll update you on round 2.

Then there were dough balls - I just wanted to try chocolate chip, not PB chocolate chip. These were really good COOKIES but not dough balls.

And this here was my 10 minute pizza dough!  This one worked out!


1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 T rosemary
1-2 T butter, melted/olive oil
1 T chia seeds
1/4 to 3/4 c almond milk ( I was just dumping it in the food processor until it all stuck together)

Put all dry ingredients in the food processor then add in the butter/olive oil and almond milk until the dough isn't too dry. Roll it out and cook on a greased cookie sheet. Add your toppings and cook at 400 for about 10-15 minutes till browned!

It was really tasty!!

3 comments:

  1. That pizza looks great! I hope fruit leather round 2 turned out better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you posted a pizza dough recipe that you liked. I'm always looking for something new for homemade pizzas. Keep us updated on the fruit leather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can't wait to hear how round 2 of the fruit leather turns out!

    ReplyDelete