7.07.2010

Jay Robb protein trial #1, Pancakes

I've pretty much been a maniac kind of just waiting and preparing for my mini vacation (which is my mindset right now) when I go to the hopsital. My house is very close to immaculate. I've been cleaning every corner and finding things to clean that I haven't cleaned in ages. I feel like I wash the floor and vacuum every day. I can't have anything filthy - total nutjob.

Besides the cleaning: cooking. Not real cooking - just quick things that I can freeze and have ready for Nick when we're at the hospital and when we come home. Today I made 3 batches of vegan/gluten free pancakes. These things are awesome and thanks to Averie for coming up with this recipe. I feel like it is totally adaptable and I've been able to use various fruits. Today I didn't have bananas so I used sweet potato puree and apples for the first two batches and sweet potato puree & pears the 3rd batch. I made them mini and they are the perfect size for Nick! Here's the vitamix picture on batch 2 or 3 (why it looks like a total mess with the pear, sweet potato, flax, and almond milk.

here are the pancakes baking away:


and here are my finished pancakes - which I later bagged and put in the freezer:



Then, today I received 2 packages. One was the pedi-egg that Rebecca recommended and I was pumped to scrape dry skin off my feet (sorry, gross).  I couldn't wait for that to come.

Next I have been reading Heather Eats Almond Butter for a while now and she talks alot about Jay Robb protein. I asked them to send me some to try out and it came today!  I've been dying to re-try HEAB's protein ice cream.  I tried it last week and it was too icy. Well, first I popped into the vitamix the Jay Robb Vanilla Whey protein with almond milk, ice cubes, & xanthan gum - um, super tasty! 120 calories for the Jay Robb + 14g protein and here are the ingredients: Cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate, natural flavor, xanthan gum, lecithin, stevia. It sounds great to me w/ the small list of ingredients. And the best thing is it tasted great too! And cooled me off on this hot as hell day.




I also tried a piece of the fudge brownie protein bar and all I tasted was cocoa. Chocolate. It was so good.  I'm going to do a post when I try all of these comparing them but wanted to tell you about the whey protein. Yum yum!  What kind of protein powder do you use?

7 comments:

  1. You are definitely "nesting"! That pancake recipe sounds great! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to come and make those pancakes at my place? C'mon . . . . I have a Vitamix and you're not THAT pregnant :) They look great and Nick's lucky to have an organized mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that you have all this energy to cool & clean when you're about to pop out a baby! It must feel good to be getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! How did you get to be so bloody pregnant. Seems like only five minutes that I last read your blog and now you're close to popping. I just don't get the same amount of time for blog reading, which I'm sure you can relate to.

    Interesting to read your protein trials. I'm on a quest to up my protein.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pancakes look gooood. I'm so glad I did some baking the day before I went into labour as I've been enjoying the muffins and crispy cakes as I graze my way through the day with this ferocious appetite thanks to breast feeding!
    Also really glad I put meals in the freezer as it has meant Al could just heat them up for us.
    I cleaned constantly as well - poor Al was barely allowed to put anything down before I swooped on it a cleaned it up!
    Take care,
    Kaz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you like to come clean our house? I don't think our house will ever be immaculate. And I can't believe Nick lets you get all that work done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're enjoying my recipe!!! and so is your son :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete