7.05.2010

the signs of labor

What were your signs of eminent labor?

With Nick,I was running on the treadmill and my back started hurting. I made this post the next day at 3pm, and Nick was born the following morning before 7am. It went into my butt and I felt it into the night. I woke up around 3 am with pains and thought I od'ed on peanut butter - it was around the time of the peanut recall. The next day - contractions all through the day, but I just felt constipated, even though I could "go." Once they had a consistency to them, I kind of knew what was going on. Also, I was STARVING. I ate 2 pieces of pizza on my way home from work and a veggie burger and girl scout cookies when I got home. I was like a bottomless pit.

The last few days I've been a bottomless pit. I've been sooo hungry and can't satiate my appetite. Today I swam and my back started hurting. Now, this can be from walking to and from the beach 2x each day (it felt like work!) and picking up Nick. I guess I'll know if I start having contractions. I wonder how much quicker it will go with #2 than it did with #1. I like hearing everyone else's stories!

Um - it is so hot here. It reached 99 today, with 100 expected for tomorrow. The shore provided some relief over the weekend, but now we are back home and our air conditioner cannot even keep up. It's brutal!!

12 comments:

  1. so close!!!! yeah, with me it was the appetite that came out of nowhere. can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember lol. My doctor kept stripping me sending me into hours of hard contractions (well I say a contraction every 3 to 4 minutes!). Since she did that I really wouldn't know what it feels like for it to come on naturally. Needless to say I don't want to do it that way again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the heat. Just got back from swimming and even the water was warm by the time I got out!! Hope that it is contractions and that you guys get to meet your new addition soon! Two friends, one just had a boy, and another knows she's having a boy in 2 weeks . . so since you're next, I'm going to say girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh...maybe it's time!! just think, maybe the baby will be born on the hottest day of the year! i'm sure that'd be fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had back labor with all 3 of my kids. Horrible back pain that wouldn't let up. With my first, I had no idea it was labor and a couple hours later my water broke on my parents couch...nice! lol. And with the other two, the onset of back pain also signified, it was time to go! How fun! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when the air conditioner can't keep up!!! I can't believe how close you are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no story (yet), but wanted to say . . . you're almost done! Hope that it comes soon for you and you get to meet the newest 'Lil Runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, so I'm already hungry all the time. Hehe, and I have a little over 4 months to go. Is it sad that I'm already looking forward to that pizza + girl scout cookie meal? ;)

    Keep up posted - can't wait to meet your little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to be induced so I have no clue what the signs of labor are but it sounds like you are there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was induced so I have yet to experience the natural start of labor!

    I read this morning on the news that the Northeast is sweltering. Try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeek, I'm so excited for you! I hope you're getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wicked back pain & diarrhea - both times I went into labor. My kids are discreet that way ;)

    Almost there!!

    ReplyDelete