Roasted Squash and White Bean Soup ala Mama Pea
- 1 medium onion, cut in half
- 2 c. roasted winter squash (acorn, butternut, pumpkin, etc.)
- 3 c. organic vegetable broth
- One 15 oz. can white beans (Cannelini, Great Northern, I used sauteed chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare onion and squash for roasting by cutting and seeding squash and peeling onion and placing it cut side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, until onion is starting to brown and squash is starting to caramelize.
- Scrape the squash into a blender, along with the onion and remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer soup to a large pot and heat through over medium high heat.
Here's how we are handling packing: