6.20.2009

All you can eat

I don't know if my period is imminent or what, but holy **** I was a machine yesterday, and the end of this week. When Nick went to bed last night, my mission was to go to Whole Foods (a goal of the week that was never accomplished). Once out, I decided I'd rather go home and hang out with Bill since Nick went to bed early and easily, but that I needed ice cream. I stood in the ice cream aisle of the Acme for a long time. I had Edy's Loaded PB cup in my hands and was reading the ingredients - it was $2.50. Breyers Cookies and Cream (bill's fave) or Cookie Dough (my fave) all natural was 5 bucks, but had like 5 ingredients compared to a whole lot in the other one. Edy's looked Loaded. Breyers, ehh. I tried calling Bill but I had no service. In the end, I picked the Breyers Cookies and Cream and felt like it was the better choice. Breyers did not disappoint! I reasoned with myself that I would make some edible homemade cookie dough to throw in the dough so that it was a mix. I also warmed up some black bean brownies and threw them into my bowl of ice cream, cookie dough and brownies! We had a great movie and ice cream night!

All week I was overeating at night and not even hungry. On Thursday and Friday all I could think about was Pizza Hut pizza, nachos... junk food - food I never eat. I HARDLY EVER eat ice cream. It doesn't even appeal to me. Frankly, I like the toppings and mixins better than the ice cream. But what is going on ?! Lack of motivation, crazy awful food cravings - I think my period is trying to return!! (I'm still nursing, yes.)

So when I was running today, I decided I wanted to go fast and burn off ice cream and cookie dough. I was picturing it burning away so that I could keep up a fast pace : ) You play, you pay!

4 miles/30:22/7:36 Treadmill ... It went by quickly!

14 comments:

  1. are you nursing still? That could have something to do with it. I didn't start my period again until after I stopped nursing I think? I could be wrong. But if Nick is eating more I bet you are wanting to eat more. By the way his pic with your medal is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure sounds like it! I lost my period for a few years due to undiagnosed Celiacs. Not gonna lie, I loved not having to deal with it! Oh well... at least now I have normal estrogen levels! I had a homemade milkshake 2 nights ago for the first time in like 2 years. I got so sick from sugar overload! GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating like that everyday made me gain after birth not loose :-( At least you're running it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ice cream but can't even bring it into the house. I'd eat the whole container! At least you're running, you can eat the fun stuff cause you'll work it right off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't eat ice cream all that often, but Matt loves it and can eat some everyday.

    When I am bored I tend to eat more, even if I am not hungry. I think sometimes we just go through a junk food phase. I am sure it will pass soon.

    Hope Bill has a fun first Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're still nursing, and you're running (super fast at that!), then you probably NEED the extra calories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. be careful...it is possible (note possible not probable) to get your period and actually get pregnant while breast feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice run! Don't you just love those days where all you want to do is eat and eat and eat!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely sounds like some phantom PMS. Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. think my appetite is finally tapering off (still nursing some, it's about 50/50) but i totally know what those days feel like! you are getting fast it seems though, so eat up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something just sounds wrong about mixing black beans and ice cream. I'll take your word for it that it was delicious.

    And I've been starving this week as well. Hopefully it will pass soon for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. goodness gracious look at that speed!!! you know I think just sometimes my body wants more food than I've been giving it, i'm trying to lear to listen so I don't get the junk food cravings...but you know sometimes it's just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been eating like CRAZY lately! Today i ate so much just thinking about it makes me sick.

    I LOVEEEE chocolate peanutbutter ice cream. Its probably SUPER unhealthy but its SUPER good!!!

    I say eat ice cream every day, life is too short! :)

    Oh and BTW, kick booooty run girl! Your soo speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had some TCBY this weekend with Oreos, and it was sooooo good. Some days, you just have to eat ice cream. :o)

    ReplyDelete