6.02.2009

A meal to share

Tonight for dinner I had some angel hair pasta w/ broccoli, mushrooms, white wine and garlic. After that, I was determining what Bill could have for lunch that we had - since I am trying not to shop this week, and we have all this produce, and many beans and grains. I prepared some lentils yesterday and had leftover quinoa, and here is what I did:

Sauteed some garlic in olive oil, added in the lentils, quinoa, couscous and some brown rice. Add in cumin, salt and pepper. I didn't really measure much...

Voila - Nanners multi grain lentil salad:
The only bad thing is that it was so good, I was eating it at 10pm!! (not even hungry!)

Thank you for all of the ideas for what to use instead of butter. I do already use olive oil, but I should probably get butter out of the house!

Running today - 7.25 miles in the morning (nick asleep whewww!) and 1.35 until Nick woke up in the afternoon.

FOOD EVERYWHERE
You've probably noticed lots of pictures of food, recipes, etc. Since I am not working, I need to focus on SOMEthing.. so that thing is Healthy eating!

IDEAL WEIGHT here I come
I was on the scale this a.m. and was 132 something! It was after running, and yesterday was mid afternoon. Either way, I feel like I'm on the way down. Whew!

5 comments:

  1. I love that your focusing on something! It gives you things to be excited about. Plus it takes your mind off of school.

    Great job with the running. I still dont know how you do it with a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks good! I'll have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are finding your grove with the food. Nice mileage for the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the scale is moving in the right direction for you...me, not so much lately. Eating too much with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip: Eat everything off a plate. Even if it's a cereal bar or grapes. It makes you more aware of what you're eating and stops you picking at things. I'm a terrible picker. I'm always scoffing when I'm cooking, taking a handful of sweet cereal from the box or taking a spoonful of something from a jar. I think this is a great tip. It does work...when I can be bothered with it :-):-)

    ReplyDelete