6.24.2009

whole foods


I finally made it to whole foods to get some needed baking items. On Monday, I actually drove there, and got out of the car for a second, but Nick woke up (we are having some nap issues) - so I turned around and drove home. That was like seeing a big warm chocolate chip cookie and having to walk away. But I made it today! Man, I love the products there but it is so expensive! I would love a shopping spree to whole foods. Free shopping forever. How can I get that? One cool thing is that they give you 5 cents back (per bag I think) for using your own bags. I went at 8am today, the best time to go and browse. Otherwise, I want to run people over with my shopping cart! It happens to be in a ritzy area and I'm not a big fan of everyone on their cell phones walking around in their heels. Anyway, I got some good stuff for some baking! I can't wait to make some of my favorite items for the giveaway! Also, they were just putting out hemp seeds and Amazing Grass items. I wouldn't even know what they were (nor most of the items I was buying) if not for blogging! When I was in college, whole foods was called Fresh Fields. Sometimes I can't shake calling it Fresh Fields, but I'm getting better!

Speaking of which, I really want to win this giveaway for Amazing Grass that Erica has going on. Check it out (but don't enter, bc I want to win!!haha) Just saw Amanda has a giveaway going on to! Hmm.. why can't Amazing Grass contact me to try it out??


Nick is going to try some bananas today. So far, he's had brown rice, oats, and apples. He likes the apples the best. We'll try out the bananas. Sometimes I use the hand blender that I use for my smoothies, but sometimes it is so little of an amount that it doesn't work. Then, I whip out the mini food processor, an item I've made fun of for years - I put a big food processor on my wedding registry and one of my mom's cheap aunts bought me this mini one instead. I just got the normal size one for christmas this year from my inlaws - and man have I been making use of it!

And talking about blogs, when you find a new blog that you like and you comment here and there, after how long do you follow the blog if the blogger never checks out your blog and comments? Does it depend on how much you like the blog? I tend to follow blogs for a while, but if I never get a comment from the blog I am following, I might just stop reading the other blog. Is that wrong? I love hearing from you, so I'd rather comment on your blogs than those who aren't reading mine. What do you think?

16 comments:

  1. I got that food processor the exact same way and thought it was so stupid -- almost threw it out -- until I wanted to make baby food, then suddenly it was indispensable! Turns out it's good for pesto and salsa too.

    I'm a terrible commenter/return commenter, so I'm probably more often the one not returning comments ;) I'm crazy shy too, and since many of the people I read (elite athletes or successful artists) probably don't care about my little novice journal, I do more than my fair share of comment-less lurking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you bring that up about following blogs. I read random ones from time to time and comment but can't commit to following because I already feel overwhelmed with all the ones I keep up with now. Then I worry that I'm missing even better blogs that are out there. So it doesn't really answer your question but I guess I'd follow one and NOT leave comments if they weren't even reading mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan loved bananas, she still does. Nick seems to be doing well.

    I try to comment on all the blogs I read, but sometimes it takes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the blogger has REALLY great content, I follow them regardless of their reciprocal commenting. But sometimes, I just call it quits. I have enough in my feed reader to keep me entertained!

    Yeah, I want Amazing Grass to contact me too! I even e-mailed the company (not begging for a handout) with some questions after I saw them popping up on a whole bunch of sites and they never responded. Bummer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same as you about following others' blogs. There are a few I regularly read and comment on and they rarely reciprocate, but I just enjoy reading their stuff. But most others, if they don't comment on mine, I don't read theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read many blog where I don't comment and they don't comment on mine. I'm tit for tat like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny you have trouble remembering Whole Foods real name...I do to! Only, we call it Whole Paycheck at my house!
    I don't have my own blog, but I do follow about 10, including yours! Comments are good, good for fellow readers and the blogger -I can see how not getting comments would discourage you. Keep up the good work - I love your blog! And don't waste too much time on those non-commenters, maybe there are just wicked busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're building a new Whole Foods in my neighborhood--supposedly it will be finished by August. I only get a few things there, and believe it or not, in nyc, some of their products are actually cheaper than at other grocery stores.

    as far as commenting on blogs goes, if you like the blog, i'd say read it. I like to comment when I find I have something to say (which is probably often ;)). I also think that most bloggers are sensitive to that kind of thing and appreciate a comment here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yeah, what are you baking with coconut oil for the first time?


    i think for me blogs are a matter of getting to know the person, learning something when I visit and like their writing style

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Mama Simmons has on her blogroll - I got lost in blogland! I've had to cut down on the number of regular blogs I follow so I don't spend too much time wandering around in a virtual world :) But sometimes a link from someone else's blog will take me to another and I'll get some great info out of that, but it doesn't mean I'll start reading it everyday.

    I love WF and we now split our shopping between there and Shaws. I am willing to pay a little bit more if it'd good quality (and healthy) and they often have more of the products I buy there on special. Also the free samples don't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow A LOT of blogs but mostly comment on the ones that comment on mine. If I get a new comment I will add their blog to my reader and try to follow. Sometimes I just cant keep up though!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, just a tip. You can just mash up the bananas for Nick with a fork. You don't have to food-process them. They are already mushy. Save yourself a step! Same with avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog. I put you on my blog list a while ago but I don't think I have ever commented on yours. I'm trying for baby #2 and your blog gives me inspiration to keep healthy and fit while pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I forgot to comment about the blog thing.

    I haven't been making comments on yours lately because I don't have much to say about the food stuff. I think it's great that you're into it though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's funny, I was just thinking about this the other day... there are some blogs that I read and comment on regularly, and they tend to be the same people that comment on mine. But there's a certain degree of pressure attached to that, too. I've actually come to appreciate the few that I read where I don't comment, because then there's no obligation to say something insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tend to follow a select handful of people's blogs (yours included) of people that were all pregnant about the same time and active. Some new people have commented on my blog and I try to follow them, but it does get overwhelming (esp. now that I am working).

    ReplyDelete