1.27.2010

Meal planning and miscellaneous

MEAL PLANNING
This week meal planning has been going well. And I went into trader joe's today bought bananas and left - Does that take some kind of strength? I love shopping there - Nick gets a balloon at the end. He loves it!

Here were the meals for this week so far:

Monday : Planned eggplant bake and starting peeling the eggplant and it was brown. That night was lasagna that was in the freezer from Christmas.

Tuesday: Chick pea burgers with avocado sauce. Bill said he didn't want leftovers for lunch today, but they were pretty good! We have different tastes. I edited a recipe from Angela over at Oh She Glows to make these- see below. The sauce was silken tofu with avocado, kale and cilantro. Yum!!

CHICK PEA BURGERS
  • 1 cup cooked chick peas
  • 1/2 cup kale or spinach washed
  • 1/2 t dill
  • 1/2 t dried basil
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 egg whites

Directions: Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil). Place all ingredients into a food processor. Process until mixture is blended well, stopping to scrape sides if necessary. Shape patties and bake for 15 mins at 375F, flip and bake for another 10 minutes.

Makes 12 big BALLS!

Wednesday: Bill not home for dinner - I have the easiest time making things for myself - I can throw anything together - but normal people probably wouldn't like it. Tonight I just had beans and tomatoes.


Thurs night plan - Costco Spinach Quiche (egg whites ! this stuff is so good!) with beans

Friday night - pita pizzas!

Saturday - out to dinner using our gift cards!

Sunday - not planned yet.

So far, so good! We have tons of food here, I just need produce!

Catching up:
My ankle - kind of on and off - weird, but run-able! I forgot I hadn't said anything about it before.

Thanks for the tips on the baby dinner ideas. Now, I could probably give him what we are eating, but before, I would put something together after he was in bed! He eats dinner around 5. We eat around 7:30/8!

5 comments:

  1. you eat so healthy! i wish i could be better at eating like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chickpea burgers don't LOOK appetizing, but they sound good! Thanks for the recipe.

    And way to go leaving TJ's with just bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on staying on track with the meal planning! It all sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We eat dinner at like 7:30/8 too!!!
    The chick-pea balls look really good! Almost like baked falafel. I definatly want to try them.

    ReplyDelete