2.03.2009

Chocolate

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR THIS






This is what happens when the February calendar picture is chocolate, and you know your days of "eating for 2" are coming to a close. Haha! I have some free calendar with recipes on it from Betty Crocker or one of those places and February's picture is "easy brownie torte." It calls for a box of brownie mix and icing mix, but I don't usually do mixes so I made my own brownie torte. Bad bad bad. It is fitting though, that our baby is going to be born in February, a month that can be known for valentine's chocolates. I am a chocolate addict! And the baby has been getting at least a piece of chocolate everyday for sure, so this poor child will probably be an addict too! (Oh yes, and this includes my over consumption of mint chocolate gu!)

Doctor's appointment today - 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. I hope that means nothing, because I am not ready! I need to bake and eat more things and have at least one more weekend! And I really want to make it through the next week of school at least!! I just finished a unit in one class and finish one in another class on Thursday and my last class I start another one on Monday. The doctor said probably on the other side of Valentines - so the 15th counts as the other side and probably that the baby wouldn't be late. But really can they REALLY tell? Isn't the bambino in charge here?

Running - yesterday before yoga I did 1.65 miles and today did 5.5. Yesterday was slow and steady and today felt great! Both were on the treadmill. I'm still running - that is what I am thankful for today. I need to start doing that again following AB's lead. She is so inspiring.

Today's thanks:
  • I can still run!
  • I'm not a mom, yet! (don't take that the wrong way, I'm just not ready, YET!)
  • Today was my last teacher observation and I'll finally be tenured after this year (even though it is year 7!)

23 comments:

  1. Okay... so now I want to bake...bad!!! I love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to anyone not wanting to read about this...BUT have you lost your plug yet? With baby number one, I lost my plug around week 35 and 2 weeks later was 2cm and 70% effaced. They stripped my membranes due to scare of pre-eclampsia. I went into labor that night. With baby number two I stayed 3cm and 80% for 3 weeks before going into labor. All the doctor's told me that it tells you your body is getting ready, not that labor is coming.

    I would just say to make sure things are wrapped up at school at the end of the week and go have a nice evening with your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! If those were at my house, they'd be gone in like 20 minutes. So keep them at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are going to have a baby soooooon! :)

    You better enjoy that chocolate, I sure would. My husband made brownies last weekend and I wish I could s

    ay I was eating for two.. because I ate at least two people's share. Yummmmmmy.

    Great job on the yoga and run! Congrats on your teacher observation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh baby will be here so soon :) eeeeeeee exciting!!! i am so happy and excited for you :) you have truly been an inspiriation all along this pregnancy. i hope i can be like you when my turn comes someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to say it, but I don't think you will ever be ready. LOL. Let the games begin!!!

    Woo-hoo! 1 CM! Come on Feb 13th! Mama needs a new pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is good that your child will be born in February! it is such a good month! Keep running girl! You aren't having that kid yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *drooling* That looks so good. You are are really rounding the corner to motherhood. Enjoy your days leading up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like someone else said, you never feel ready but when the baby comes, trust me, you just magically are ready.

    And you are already further along than I was 10 days past my due date. Until they induced me I was only I centimeter dilated (was 1 centimeter dilated for weeks!) and 20% effaced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really awesome about the tenure. My teacher was discussing that last week in speech class. I guess it went along with the lesson. :)

    That cake looks friggen good! Wanna make me one? JK! I seriously cant believe you are still running. That is really awesome. I can imigine you will 'ignore' all doctors orders and run ASAP after the bambino arrives due to your Boston Mary.

    Even though you want your baby to come after valentines day, I would rather your baby come on the 12th! HEHE :) JK :)

    I'm excited for your cutsie lil fam once the peanut arrives!! Enjoy your last few days mommyless :) Keep us posted on how things are going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you go. Hey anyone who still works out as much as you do deserves taht chocolate torte. I hop eyou licked the spoon and bowl clean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too love chocolates!! It is best as valentine gift...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right on, to today's thanks... and the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum! thanks for not making it a peanut butter brownie thing. dilation etc. means nothing...just another way to help us realize we're no longer in charge! so yeah, enjoy the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that looks good and I have been craving brownies for like three days....oh brother lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe how close you are! I know you're still getting ready, but at least pack that bag. I was totally unprepared when the doc said I had to be induced and had to scramble like mad the day before to pack, buy diapers, etc.
    I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love chocolate!! I don't think you ever have the I'm ready feeling. Just enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your days of eating for two are LOOONNNNGGGGG from over (if you are breastfeeding). I eat WAAAYYY more now than I ever did when I was pregnant and am actually losing weight?! So, the joy of marathon eating while not marathon running are over.(Ooops..wait, you are...so that means you can eat like you are training for an Ironwoman!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. edit to my last sentence: "So, the joy of marathon eating while not marathon running are just beginning."

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh that calendar would so not be allowed in my house. ok so the PB, I'm trying to limit myself so I don't just down the jar! I think the toffee is still my fav. Though I haven't sampled nearly as many flavors as you, heehee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eat up! You deserve it! And good luck on the tenure dealy too. Man, it's getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, baby is going to be here soon. You're so ready, don't worry! Just take advantage of the eating for two. With all the working out you've been doing, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks so yummy. You have inspired me to make something for Valentines day. Cupcakes maybe....

    Sounds like you are moving right along, baby will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete