2.20.2009

2 weeks later - my psuedo due date

Happy 2 week birthday Nicky!

Today is the due date that I made (it was the 19th but I made it one day later for the better #).
I don't really know what I'm doing as far as anything at all. I'm just going with the flow with running and enjoying the ability to do so. I would really like to swim but I think they said 4 weeks and with chlorine I'm not sure if I should try that before they say to. I do have a treadmill in my basement which is the only way I am running. Risking germs, I don't want to take the little guy to the gym like I was thinking of - didn't think of the germ aspect.

Abs - when do they go back together? They feel weird. Should I be doing ab work?

I got a better start on food today and had pb on an english muffin pre-run. I've ran for 1/2 hour today and I'm taking a break - it doesn't feel that spectacular right now. I was kind of hoping Nick would wake up so I could stop. Haha. I'll try again later.

I'm hoping to have some oatmeal, some soup (thanks for the recommendations) and get in some pasta/veggies later. I kind of miss broccoli and I'm staying away from beans too which were kind of a staple with pasta! I don't want to give lil Nick gas! I need to make sure I'm eating enough. It would be great to have a chef that made us healthy meals.

I'm still ecstatic about the BOB arrival next Thursday. I can't wait to be able to get outside.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Abs really depend. For my first pregnancy, Ryan really stretched me out. I guess the way he was attached in there and all, my stomach got HUGE...like twins huge. So my abs took about 6 months to completely get back to normal.

    With the second, I didn't get as big and it only took a couple of months. But it really is variable for each person. You can notice small changes every week. I think my ob said something about pinkie size gap before starting back with hard core work...I can't really remember though. Give your ob a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm STILL waiting for MY abs to return. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is sooooo cute :) 2 weeks already?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO at Beachy! I don't know about the crunches. Totally depends. With the 1st my abs never separated but with the 2nd they did. You can tell if they're fused or not. Laying flat on your back you can stick your hand in there. It feels weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I think a chef would be wonderful! All parents would wish for a chef, I think, given the time constraints and all. It is one of the most challenging things for us - coming up with a variety of good meals for us and the boys all the time and not falling into just eating pasta all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cutie pie, I love the doggie bib!! Way to go on all the steps you are making... you know a lot of us don't have kids and still aren't ummm looking at great abs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little cutie!!

    I think staying out of the pool until they said so is a good idea. Pools creep me out a litle bit. And definitley good call w/ the gym. They are filled w/ germs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ywo weeks have flown by! You will love the Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bet you can't even imagine your life now without him, huh? And it's only been two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I was told no ab-specific work for 3 months by my very understanding doctor who cleared me to run early, but that was post c-section I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I can't believe how active you've been after giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it's been two weeks. You're really doing great with all the activity.

    I need a personal chef too. Not that I have a baby and a crazy schedule, I just want one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wicked cute outfit. He looks absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never had abs to begin with ha!

    You're doing great Love the pic of Nick.

    ReplyDelete