2.26.2009

BOB's debut & hungover running

I heart BOB



First we'll start with the hungover running. I don't know the last time I was actually drunk - I'm not a big drinker at all except when I have to be the center of attention so I drink a couple glasses of wine to loosen up (engagement party, bridal shower...hence one of the reasons why I didn't have a baby shower), but I do remember in college working out after a night of heavy drinking and what that felt like. Take that, and that is what running on the treadmill this morning felt like. It was awful. I thought I was going to DIE. Everytime I slowed down to walk, it felt worse than running.
I made it through 6 miles in just over an hour, but it was not pretty. Nick was in the boppy next to me... he fell asleep, woke up and took a couple looks around and went back to sleep. Good little guy! Mommy was kind of hoping he'd start crying and need attention as an excuse to lay on the couch next to the treadmill (which I did a few times for mini breaks). Gu - just didn't have the same effect on me as when pregnant. I was downing water like a hungover punk though.


And then.. the BOB! I wanted to get out yesterday and just test it out, but my knees were kind of crappy yesterday and I didn't want to run so I did some elliptical instead. I think I am going to have more OFF days though, just to get in some rest. So I took the little guy to this loop park by our house - had to drive there. We call it the Paoli Massacre - it has some history behind it. I just think of it as a 1/2 mile loop.
This hill seemed enormous

Unloaded the bob and plopped Nick in w/ his carseat. I wish I could have videotaped this experience. As soon as we started moving, I was in my glory. It was sooo great! The thing is pretty versatile over bumps so that he wasn't bouncing all around, and it was a very smooth run! The handlebars were in a great position for me, and I really didn't feel like it was that much more effort at all except going up hills, which are already difficult. I basically just wanted to try it out since I already ran this morning so I did 2 miles. It was great! I love the thing! Nick did not wake up once! One thing I have to try out again was making a U turn - this didn't seem to easy, so I don't know if there is an easy way to turn around. Other than that, it was tough over bumps and kept the little one safe. He was all bundled up and cozy. I felt like a complete loser taking pictures of myself when I realized there was someone else walking nearby. Hah!

I am having a decent day of eating. Abby gave me the idea of putting the cinnamon naturally nutty (which is kind of a strong flavor and not my favorite of the flavors) into oatmeal! So I tried it yesterday with wheat germ and flaxseed and some brown sugar. IT was good stuff! So I had that this morning after a powerbar with some milk. Then I ordered from Diamond Organics, a colleague had given me a gift certificate to this place and it is WICKED expensive because delivery charges are minimum $25 (overnighted) and it came today. I have veggie crudite (which is veggies and a tofu dip), some grain veggie burgers, and then 2 single serving dinners for Bill. I was more excited about the above 2 things. I had some veggies and dip and a burger (it was decent but not worth its price).
I'm really pretty wiped out. Everything is starting to catch up to me, so I may run on alternate days and for now maybe just rest the other days!


10 min later:

22 comments:

  1. These pictures are great! So glad you are loving the bob! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you heart the BOB! I have no kid, but I kind of want one since it looks so badass. :o)

    Adorable pics of the little guy. He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your BOB! :) The fleece insert thing should be at your house Saturday, hopefully! I mailed it yesterday 3 day priority... :)
    Just wait til you see how easy running hills becomes when you're on your own without the jogger. I push that thing up all sorts of hills every week and then FLY up them when I don't have to push 40 lbs. It's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm happy you enjoyed the run outside, it sounds like you really need to take a rest. You have your hands full so don't push yourself too hard.

    Mmmm, ben & jerrys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I am glad you got your BOB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool stroller! It's perfect for you! I love seeing all the pictures of your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woot woot for BOB!!! I have always envied people running with strollers, they just seem so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you deserved the B&J after all that running!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the BOB.


    ... going to go get me sum ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I've been out of the loop for so long I didn't know you had the baby yet!!! Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine turns really well if I pop the front wheel up and turn just on the back two. If the front wheel is on the ground is sucks to turn it.

    He looks so cute with his teeny hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY i'm so glad you got your BOB! Finally! I'm also glad you strapped lil nicky in it with his car seat. You will be suprised when he dosent need it anymore how much easier it is to push :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen *aka* ME

    I guess my mom was on my computer checking her email last and i didnt realize until after i commented HAHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you are dhydrated. Make sure you drinks LOTS. Enjoy the bob. Still cold here to take it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Which Bob did you get? There are like 50 different ones.

    I love the pic of you running with it. You took that one yourself? It's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! I would totally take pictures of myself too and then of course someone would be right behind me!! Isn't that always the way!!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics! And you'll get the hang of pulling u-turns - just lift the front wheel up quite a bit, but not so much that you think your baby will fall out, and then spin that sucker. If Nick is anything like my boys he will love it (when awake, of course) and you'll spend your time doing u-turns or running with the front wheel up off the ground. On second thought, that wasn't so much fun for me...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun pictures! I could eat a whole thing of Ben & Jerry's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! N is super cute!

    And I love the pic of you with the ice cream. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay BOB!

    Don't be afraid to take days off! I know you are excited to run now that you are unpregnant, but you still need your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  21. No! you showed ben and jerry's! Now I'm going to spend the day wanting some Banana Split icecream!

    At least I'm trapped at home with no car. If I want the icecream bad enough I'd have to push the stroller 3 miles each way to get it

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAYYYY for the BOB!!! so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete