12.19.2010

GARMIN 405 software - WTF

Christmas came 2 weeks early with the Garmin 405 last week. I ran outside both Saturdays and checked it out. Now, trying to download the runs has been a little iffy. The system - I think the basic one they have you download and can transmit wirelessly - was it made in the 1980s? When I was in gradeschool we used computers and I remember the computers were black and white and we had these little turtles where we learned keystrokes about them. I can't remember exactly what was going on, but what I am trying to say is SERIOUSLY? I can't even understand how to look at my data on this thing. It tells me the time of day that each mile was completed.  Can you tell me if you have a Garmin what you use to upload to the computer and how you analyze your runs? 

10 comments:

  1. I use their online thingy at garmin.com, is that what you're using? I thought it was pretty thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garmin connect. It's pretty straightforward, I think. I used it with both the 405 and the 110. It shows you the total mileage, the splits for each mile (or whatever increments you have it set up for),as well as a map of where you ran and the elevations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused.. what dont you understand? Mine was easy as pie- plug the stick in and uploads to the software then transmits to garmin connect... maybe something is wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine was super easy too! http://connect.garmin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just plugged mine in and it sent me to the garmin site. It tracks everything and keeps all the info there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried a couple others but the regular Garmin software is the easiest. There might be a malfunction on your watch - call Garmin! They are very helpful getting you going; I had to do that but was OK after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have yet to hear one good thing about the 405. i'm sticking w/ my bulky 305 till they get this thing ironed out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the 305 & upload it right into Buckeyeoutdoors. Sometimes. I'm usually lazy about synching my runs in & end up just checking out my paces right on the 305.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've NEVER EVER uploaded my info onto the computer.. Why? I have no idea!! Ackkk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't feel bad! I have a 405 and had no luck after installing the software. There was some sort of compatibility issue, but maybe I should try again after these couple of years!

    ReplyDelete