What I learned so far is:
- Within 30 minutes of working out I need to eat something or I'm going to make bad decisions and start picking at everything. I'm starving.
- Around 2pm/3pm I become starving if I don't eat a good lunch. Sometimes I am just picking making both of the kids lunches and don't make something substantial enough for myself.
- Around 5pm, I'm ready to inhale dinner.
- Around 8/9pm, I feel that I've deserved a dessert or to pick at food even if I'm not hungry.
- I was surprised that I was eating 2000 calories actually - all of those little pickings add up!
I have been checking out those things where you wear something around and it calculates your calorie burn and heart rate all day. ex: FitBit and Body Media Fit.
I think I want something that I can wear to see what my heart rate is throughout the day. Any suggestions?
Training post race week:
Monday - swim 4000 yds - used flippers, my legs were tired
Tuesday - ran 10 easy miles split up (7ish in the morning and 3 in the afternoon)
Today - 2nd spin class! did 2 miles, abs and arms, then the class = 42 min and 11.9 miles
My legs are still tired and knees a bit sore!