Thanks for your assistance on this stressful decision! A few things I've looked into but are not options:
- our district doesn't offer job share or part time jobs
- I can't go back for the 4 weeks as a trial period and then not go back in Sept (ideal I think)
My thoughts are teaching an education course at a college where I only need my masters, continuing tutoring 2-3 times a week, and/or starting some kind of side business. I think in my heart I do want to go back to work, but, I feel that it isn't the best decision for Nick, and I think that he should come first. I'm sure that I can be happy either way? I feel that I'd question my decision more if I went back and feel more guilty about it, whereas if I stay home, I'll just be out of my comfort zone and miss my job.
I got an email from a student today - and they expect me to be back May 1. The subject was: COME BACK!!! She was a great student in one of my classes, and her email then said something about the sub not even yelling at her when she had her cell phone out (I was nuts about cell phones in class and always confiscated them). That was hilarious. I feel like I am deserting my classes, it is kind of sad. I wrote back that I may not be back and she wrote - YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO US!!
Breaks my heart.
Yesterday I did an easy treadmill 3 miles and today I met Abby for an 8 mile run on the trail.
It went really well sub 9 pace which is like a tempo run for me right now. She also made me some rosemary bread to carb-load for this weekend's long run (a 10 mile race + 8 or 10 more miles to add on). It is delicious! I signed up for the 10 miler this weekend which is the same course as the marathon so I plan to stop, get a water break and my medal for the 10 miler and then trudge on to finish 18 or 20 miles with the marathoners. So I'll be a partial bandit.