2.09.2010

Challenges - how am I doing

I'm going to be honest - the challenge of eating certain servings of each food group - not happening. I failed that by day 3. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies, but trying and happening are two different things.

The food shopping challenge is going really well. It's almost the 10th, I didn't shop this week and hope not to - I'm still doing the meal planning, and trying to use what is here.

Swimming has been awesome - running has been ok. My knees are definitely weak along with my ankles and I'm slacking off on yoga. I haven't rejoined my old gym though I keep thinking about it. By the time I take action it will be spring and probably a waste. I would totally pay for yoga by class I went to but they don't offer that option. Speaking of spring, I can't wait! We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground and 12-18 more inches are headed this way. Oh man!

8 comments:

  1. I'm ready for spring too so I can run outside! I love exercising in the warmer weather, but cold gloomy weather doesn't help with motivation :-( Sorry you got more snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you're filling up on fruits and veggies, everything else will even out!
    Swimming is the best, I love it! At my pool there's a 10lb diving brick in one of the deck supply cabinets and I swear, diving for that stupid thing is the best workout.
    Good luck with running! And we're supposed to get a ton of snow tonight too.
    Can't wait.

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you believe we're getting more snow!! i'm like a little kid...so excited for a snow day tomorrow from work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually envious of all that snow. Yes, it's weird, but I'd love to have a "snow day"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you took the words right out of my mouth. winter, i dispise you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as you are trying to fit in for fruites and veggies when yo can, it counts fot sometime.

    I'm with you - READY FOR SPRING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep trying on the eat well it will come.

    Great job limiting the shopping! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even want to think about my fruit and veggie intake...does corn bread count as a veggie??? Something about the winter just makes me want only warm food...no salads...

    ReplyDelete