1.16.2011

Apple Pie Pancakes!

Happy Pancake Sunday! These are really tasty :)


Apple Pie Pancakes
1/2 c ground oats (food process the oats till a flour)
1/2 to 3/4 c almond milk
cinnamon
1-2 tsp maple syrup
1 T almond/pecan butter
1 T flaxseed
3 T apple sauce
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 T protein powder (I use TJ's hemp vanilla) - optional

Mix all that together - add more milk as needed to make it a nice batter. You could also add more apple sauce. Let sit 5-10 min.  Cook using coconut oil for added taste! Delicious.  And if you get lucky, there's a chunk of almond butter when you bite in. Yummy.

and happy 6 months old (yesterday) to my little peanut Kara. Wow the time flies!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kara look so cute! I love the little hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute picture! My kids are similar ages. Thanks for the recipe. Looks yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, they suddenly look so much more grown up when they hit 6 months! She is just gorgeous. How is weaning going with her? Murray doesn't even want to open his mouth.
    Pancakes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title of your post got my attention lol.....I may try these tomorrow...

    I can't believe she's 6 months! I get sad thinking about how fast they grow up :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!! I'll be giving these pancakes a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg baby kara! she looks JUST like you natalie! I love her eyes.... are they brown?

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's 6 months already?!? that went fast! she's so cute.

    ReplyDelete