5.16.2009

The Run that was


After making more almond butter this morning, I hopped on the treadmill.

I had a great run this morning! I was thinking about doing a 10k that I've done the last 2 years, but it is about a 40-45 minute drive, and I hadn't signed up. I knew last might I wasn't going to make it, with those excuses in mind - semi long drive, I could sleep in, I could save money, it was humid out... yeah. So I told myself I'd definitely run as fast as I could on the treadmill for a 10k. So I did that. I did the 10k in 49:28 which wasn't bad. I definitely took a couple of stops though, so I cheated. I varied the inclines because it was a hilly course. I kept running and did 7.48 miles in the hour and 8 miles with the cooldown in 1:05. That is the fastest I've gone in a non-race in a while, so that was great! I was sweating my A** off - the workouts you can't do when you are pregnant!

While I was running I was thinking how cool it would be if you could login your treadmill and do a course with other people and compete against them. Like in the Wii Fit, you could see the course and the incline would change when there were hills, etc. How cool would this be?



After running I had some Kashi w/ cranberries and almonds.





For lunch, I made these burgers that I saw on Heather's blog.
I used:
2 cups pinto beans that were from a bag - dried and I soaked 2 days ago
1/2 c oatmeal
2 egg whites
a tad of water
1 tbsp of oil
some cilantro
a handful of shredded cheese

I put them in the food processor and then baked them. I forgot to add salt so they definitely needed that. They were a bit dry but good. I liked them. I liked how they stayed together, my normal black bean patties don't stick together. I added some quinoa and shredded cheese and ketchup and put them on a La Tortilla Wrap - very yummy.


I had some POM juice with that. More on that soon.



Dinner:



tomato soup ala Martha Stewart w/ old bread rosemary croutons
WW Quesadilla w/ mushrooms and mozzarella

12 comments:

  1. Nice job kicking your own but on the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously a treadmill race would be cool!! i'd be watching the screen and speeding up to catch people

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you whipping up all kinds of goodness. I wish ihad some skill in the kitchen.

    Nice work on the treadmill.

    And I hear you on flowers versus chocolate. I prefer chocolate to most things. Such a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie,

    I love your blog -- you a true inspiration! I have a 10 month old and am also a runner...although I can't even imagine doing a marathon so soon after giving birth -- you are superwoman! I just was catching up on your blog and noticed the comment about the BOB REVOLUTION...I have one and LOVE it....it's the best...does your Ironman have a locking wheel? My friend as an SUS and her wheel locks. the Revo has a swivel front wheel that can lock in place too...so it's pretty sweet. I use it for everything...lalalove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea with the treadmill!!

    Those burgers looked good. I just got a food processor, going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats up with this POM? I need to hear about it. I could google it i guess, but its more fun reading reviews :)

    Sounds like your getting your speed back!

    And i would love plugging my treadmill into a computer and racing people. that is a genius idea. you should come up with something like that- i bet you could make millions :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am addicted to pommegranites...but never had POM. Looks like a great eating day! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice run and YUM. Great meal ideas, thanks! :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great run. I bought a treadmill about a month ago and could probably count on my fingers how many times I've used it. Every mile feels like an eternity.

    Reading your blog aways makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment yesterday, Natalie. It's a rough thing but comforting knowing I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool that you used pinto beans instead of lentils. How did they turn out that way?

    ReplyDelete
  12. (sorry that mark is heather - hangry pants!)

    ReplyDelete