6.23.2011

the back and forth

For the past couple of weeks I've been leaning towards the sprint distance for the tri. Since Saturday I've been dead set on it but as we get closer to the race, I've been questioning my decision.

I consulted with Coach Mama Simmons who reminded me that I'm not a big fan of the bike at all and encouraged me that I could do it if I wanted to. I think I could finish the olympic distance but why be cursing and miserable? But at the same time, will I be challenged enough in the sprint?  Logistically I kind of want to sleep in on Saturday (we're celebrating our anniversary with dinner tomorrow night) and I'd be rested for Sunday and my sister will be racing Sunday so we could be in the same race?  It would probably be good if I go to the expo tomorrow and they tell me I can't switch to the sprint. Since I signed up for Olympic, I feel like I should JUST DO IT.   My only fear is the bike! The key is, I don't even have bike shoes? and kind of have no idea what I'm doing on the bike. Does anyone do an olympic race kind of clueless? Or is it a pretty serious thing? Is it like doing a marathon and only doing half the training? I have no idea what I'm in for and that's why I can't decide. I'll probably ask more people at swimming tomorrow morning and it will be a last minute choice.

Here's what I made for dinner tonight. Thank you Mama Pea.

Nick ate it all and thought it was a breakfast burrito (eggs, cheese) - it was tofu & cheese, with hummus, nutritional yeast and salsa. Yum yum! That tofu was delicious. Two Pea dinners this week.


tofu on the skillet

with cheese, tomatoes, hummus, nut yeast and then salsa


ready to eat :)

3 comments:

  1. i'm doing any olympic and half ironman not knowing what i'm doing!!! you'll never know unless you try, so i say go for it. just take the bike easy, you don't need to push it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Denise... go for it, whether it's a half or sprint!

    That tofu-ritto looks good! I've been eating more real cheese lately, so nothing would keep me away from that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing I bought tofu when I was out this morning because those burritos look awesome!

    ReplyDelete