9.13.2009

A bloggy run

Last week when I knew I would be in CT this weekend at my in laws, I emailed Clare to see if she wanted to get together for a run. She did some research to find a place we could run that was halfway for both of us. We ran on this railroad path in Ridgefield, a town I had never been to before that was supercute! We parked in a lot and ran to the path, ran to the end of the trail and ran back. It turned out being around 5.5 miles and was a nice run. I wanted to get in 10 miles because next weekend I am running the Philly distance run so I ran down Main Street in Ridgefield, which was scenic and nice. There were many people out walking and jogging and I exchanged many morning waves with other runners. All in all, a nice morning run, and it was cool to meet Clare! We are both teachers, runners and moms, so we had alot to talk about : )

On next Sunday's 1/2 marathon, I am nervous that I am going to go slower than my 4 months pregnant time from last year...I have not trained fast and motivation has been low. I need to suck it up and realize how lucky I am to be running! When I was pregnant I could not wait to sweat out a workout or be sore, and now I am thinking about how it was nice to have an excuse when I was pregnant. It's always greener on the other side, right?

Why is it that I eat really well when I am not at home?
I am eating tons of veggies and fruits and no junk.

19 comments:

  1. It's so true about the grass being greener. I miss having that excuse to just sleep in.

    And that's great that you and Clare were able to get together. It's so nice to meet the people behind the voices we read. I had a great time getting together with DC Running Mama earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to meet up!!! I'm sure you will do great in your 1/2! You'll be minus a person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, when I'm away from home I eat nothing BUT junk. Good for you!

    Don't think too much about the HM. It'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great meet up! :) Don't sweat the 1/2 marathon... just go out and run. no matter what, leave it all out on the course. you can do it girl!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck on your race!!

    haha, I'm opposite, I always eat bad when I'm away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally remember you running that 1/2 marathon last year when you were pregnant. I was AMAZED! But I know what you mean about not wanting to be slower now... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's nice you got to meet up with a fellow blogger and get a run in!

    You'll do fine on the Philly 1/2 next week, and even if it's not your fastest, just try to enjoy the fact that you're strong and healthy enough to do it while pregnant and just a few months after giving birth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are seriously a super mama! Would it help to try and use the Distance Run as a springboard to the marathon in November? A little less pressure on yourself, opportunity to get out there and loosen up?And this year you'll have Nick to greet you at the end (if he's not asleep)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i thought you were crazy to think you'd be slower than last year, but then you told me our pace and now i'm thinking my 10k next weekend will be slower than when i ran it last year at 6 months pregnant!!! although i was the slow one yesterday so you will still be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool you got to run with a fellow blogger! I am jealous! Sounds like it turned out nice!
    Don't sweat your run next weekend - you are gonna do great! Just enjoy the run, being outside, and the cool hardware you get to bring home to show Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool that you got to run with Clare! You two are some of the first running blogs I ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool blog-runner meet up and sounds like a great run! don't get worked up about the half, you'll do great no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the opposite-I eat better at home and terrible away from home. Don't stress about your half, just enjoy being back out there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like a great run! i'm sure you'll do great in the distance classic! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to meet up with Clare! Someone should start a Bloggers Half. Good luck running your half - don't worry too much about time. My body has fluctuated a lot (speed, fitness) this past year since pregancy. Perhaps pick a spring marathon to go for a faster time goal or PR?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i never eat reeeeallly well away from home. I do fantastic on my own, hence I hope this move will be good for me.

    I think you are going to do great on this half, but most importantly I think you need to enjoy it and not put so much pressure on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You'll do great this weekend. You just need to get back out there and in race mode. Maybe I'll see you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck this weekend, sometimes a tune up race gets you back at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how fun you guys got to meet up! Good luck at your race. I have a 1/2 next weekend too, in Akron. Woohoo. I am going to be sloloowwwowow.

    ReplyDelete