9.21.2009

One day later...


Today I wasn't in too much pain. I am a bit sore and the top of my back is just major sore - I needed a very gentle massage! I think my running form was BAD. I went swimming this morning - great recovery activity, and did some yoga as well. After the race I did do an ice bath, and I think this helped. My legs are tired and sore, but no where near as sore and tired as when I ran 14 miles with Abby and Ali a month or so ago! (first long run outside)

Mentally, I feel like I can get back in the game more today than yesterday. Yesterday I was not feeling my normal high or wanting to go back and do the race again like I usually would. Or fix something, or run faster or start out slower, or think about parts of the race that could have lowered my time... I just didn't care. I still don't care as much as I used to AT ALL, but today, I kind of feel like I can do this and train moderately for the marathon (but let's be honest, I'm actually dreading my run tomorrow morning).

I think I need somewhere better to run than on the treadmill or a short 0.5 mile loop. I'm not feeling the river trail (Valley Forge to Philly) as I don't feel like it is safe and I don't live in a development - so what gives. Not sure where I can run that is safe w/ Nick and not too far of a drive. The treadmill isn't going to cut it. I kind of wish I could meet someone that lives nearby and we can run in the dark at 5am together (you won't see me out there running alone in the dark unless I'm carrying a knife :) )

Yet another study was on the news confirming the benefits of exercise and pregnancy, specifically 3 days a week in the last 2 trimesters minimum to get the benefits. So stay active ladies!

15 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration to young mommies/mommies to be. COngrats on your PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the VF loop? I know the hills aren't always so much fun, but it always feels safer to me than the tow path...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool-looking medal. Glad you're feeling better about everything today.

    Hope you can figure out a plan as to where you ca run safely and still keep things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you post a link to that article? Have you tried craigslist for a running partner? I think there are sites out there too specifically for finding running partners. Happy post-Philly run this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about running 'alone' on trails and stuff. I can run around here (by my house) but when its dark, i'm stuck on a TM- cuz i'll get hit by a car. Unless i run in the city and that would mean carrying a light so i dont trip and fall. Sigh. winter running=annoying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not comfortable running in the dark either... being a girl stinks sometimes. hope you can find some good, motivating, and safe places to run!

    hope you are feeling better from the race. usually my lower back muscles hurt like hades after a race, so i kinda know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can run in the morning darkness, but not the night time. MOrning is quiet and still, it feels very safe to me.

    Have you looked at MeetUp.com or tried asking at a local running club about other moms who might want to morning run

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I wish I would have run this race just to get the medal...so cool!


    I will say living in a development isn't my cup of tea...except for being able to run openly and safely. Otherwise I get pretty bored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really bummed that I feel I can't run alone in the dark anymore, too. It sucks and now long runs take even more planning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got that race in, I think you did awesome!
    I totally get you on being tired of the same route or needing to really change up your running routine. I am trying to figure that out myself right now. I am tired of my same old 7 mile loop. I only run outside in the dark with my hubbs, so I feel you on that, too! Good luck! It will work itself out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news about pregnancy and running. You've always been my inspiration for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a great job at the PDR! It was definitely a beautiful day for running!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on your run! Good luck on finding a running buddy so you can run early.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have any further info on the study in the news? Possibly a weblink?

    ReplyDelete